PDA

View Full Version : my son

genera101.2
Mar 27, 2011, 3:13 PM
several months ago my son called because he was depressed. we talked, he felt better, but i could not help but suspect something else was up. a month ago he called to tell me what was bothering him. he said he was transgendered and i was the first adult he told. i think he was comfortable with telling me since by sons are both aware of my advocacy in the lgbt community. i told him i wish he was here since SLC has far more resources than boise.

a couple of weeks later he said he wants to come down for the summer. then, if mom moves to utah with her boyfriend, he might move in with me. we discussed his transition and he is very excited. to make him feel more comfortable, i came out as bi. he said he didn't know and i thought most of my family thought i was either bi or gay. he is the first family member i came out to.

so who knows, maybe this summer my son/daughter will move in with me!

DuckiesDarling
Mar 27, 2011, 3:34 PM
Wow, just hugs hon.

mikey3000
Mar 27, 2011, 4:43 PM
How wonderful for the both of you!! Congradulations.

flame&psyc
Mar 27, 2011, 6:20 PM
We hope everything works out for you and its so nice to see a family that truly loves each other no matter what

taz321
Mar 27, 2011, 6:32 PM
It's nice to hear of a family that is open and honest with each other about issues like this. I can't imagine being transgendered myself so it must have been a really hard decision for your son to open up to you about it, and the fact you can discuss it together is really great, I only hope that if my two sons had an issue like that, that they would feel comfortable enough to talk to me about it. Best wishes to you and your son!!

bisocialnudist
Mar 27, 2011, 7:46 PM
Wonderful story and more proof why our children need to know we are bi, helps them feel more at home with their own orientation and identity, what better way to show our children acceptance and understanding then to say I understand because Im GLB or T too. Wishing your family the best as you move forward. You are giving your son a wonderful gift.
Mark

Diva667
Mar 27, 2011, 8:19 PM
Tell her to be careful out there

Saw this in the news today Transgender Woman Mocked At Utah DMV, Forced To Scrub Off Makeup (http://prideinutah.com/?p=10545)

elian
Mar 27, 2011, 8:43 PM
Glad you were both able to share - that's great!

TaylorMade
Mar 27, 2011, 8:51 PM
I've already said most of what I want to say in private. . . but hope you can make it work. :)

*Taylor*

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 27, 2011, 9:01 PM
Very cool Sweetie! Congrats. :}
Hugzzz
Cat

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 27, 2011, 9:05 PM
And as for the tight asses in Utah, can you say "Lawsuit" Boys and Girls??? I damn sure would. How can they 'force' someone to do Anything? I wouldve pitched such a fit that they would've been paying Me to go away....lol
Seriously tho, she really Should contact an attorney, thats discrimination it its highest form.
Just my humble :2cents:
Boistrous Cat

genera101.2
Mar 28, 2011, 10:00 PM
thanx everyone for your responses, encouragement and support. i only plan on being in utah for a couple more years and if he decides to live with me, he planned on moving as well when i leave.

in the words of rep. christine johnson when she left utah "utah never felt like home"

onewhocares
Mar 28, 2011, 10:39 PM
What a proud dad you must be to know your child felt so comfortable with your relationship to come and share this most important part of their lives with you?

Belle

Realist
Mar 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
I agree with Belle. I wish I'd had an understanding family and friends at that age!

You and your son are lucky to have that kind of support from someone so close.

Good luck in the future!