PDA

View Full Version : bisexuality... the true norm ( controversial )

Long Duck Dong
Jul 3, 2006, 12:56 AM
The following post is both controversial and deals with aspects of sexual behievour that may be offensive to people....the article was written from a open minded point of view and not intended to cause offense, but cause a CONSTRUCTIVE debate situation

through history, mankind has been guided towards the traditional straight couple ( female / male ) bonding...a drive that can be isolated MAINLY to religion and the influence, abeit by force, of religious doctrine.

however, what if the commonly understood norm... is WRONG...what if bisexuality is the predominant sexuality and heterosexuality is a conditioned response in most peoples minds

if you apply the ideals of todays society against the past, you can make it fit... but if you apply the past against the image of the present, you find that society has been forced to change to FIT a image of righteousness and morality.

the traditional role of female / male coupling is understood to be the norm... as only a female / male bonding can result in childbirth....but does that make it the right sexuality ???
if you take the sexuality spectrum and lay it down in a grouping, society dictates that it looks like the following...

heterosex....the norm
homosex.....a less grouping and minor
bisex..........misguided sexuality and experimental
animal sex... preverted and filthy

but the predominate part of humanity has done one or more of the following

fantastied about same sex intercourse
tried same sex intercourse
practises same sex intercourse
practises same / opposite sex intercourse

so if the mental conditioning was removed.... then the possiblity arises that the following is indeed correct

bisex..... the norm as pleasure / companionship sex
heterosex....pleasure sex / reproductive sex
homo sex... pleasure sex/ companionship sex with a same sex partner
animal sex... pleasure sex between species

bisex is the only form of sex that is communal....as a community can share partners of either sex and if you apply that to the past, then small communities become close knit... forming couplings rather than marriages
heterosex is confined to sexual contact between partners of the same sex and exclusively confined to 2 people... add a third partner... it becomes bi sex contact, as the third person would have to be one of the both sexes

if we apply another form of sex to the equation... pedophilia...or under age sexual contact.... it becomes a wildfire of controversy..... but if we apply the past to the past, we get the following

10,000 years ago, life expectancy is mid 30's....puberty is the age of motherhood and adulthood

present day......life expectancy is mid 60's.... puberty is the age of the adolescent, adulthood is 20's, elderly is 50's +

it shows that in the past, that sex with a teenager was the norm for reproduction.... but we tend to forget the sexual partners were BOTH teenagers... so again ... pedophilia is societies naming of a olderly person and a younger child under a certain age... as we have moved beyond the need to youthful reproduction as the human life expectacy has grown

in essence... lets combine the total of sexuality in the present day, and apply it to the past but add also the past and present life expectancy and world population to the mix

past....10,000 years ago
bisexuality is the norm
world population....30 million ( estimated )
small clans and comunities create the need for inter breeding and communal intercourse.....marriage doesn't exist... religion doesn't exist
roles of male and female are sorted into areas of abilities and skills.... knowledge is retained for generations and communal support is accepted as a extended family

present....
heterosexuality is the accepted norm
world population... 6 billion +
large cities and populated countries create mass sexuality diverse areas
religion is used often as a rule of thumb in deciding the rights of the population,
roles of males and females is blurred as each gender extends into former gender dominated areas
knowledge is lost, changed, enhanced and debated over
communal support is lost as each race, sex and way of being is broken down into each part and given a standing in society
marriage is the understood form of declaring coupling....and divorce is the result of marriage....leading to broken homes, and split homes as the infrastructive of the close knit communal *clan* is lost

studies point to the fact that up to 90% of the world population have entertained the ideas of bi sexual contact....BUT 70% ( estimated ) will never follow that path for fear of society backlash and isolation

WHY is most of the world capable and able to practise bisexuality ... a way of life that was as normal as masturbation, but not willing to practise it ??

its called mental conditioning...... we are conditioned to practise what we are taught....that male and female is right... MMF / FFM is wrong..MM / FF is wrong....marriage is right...celibacy is right
and religion is the only way to go

in the face of mass divorce and adultery, fornication, sexual misconduct, zoophilia etc etc
what went wrong ???

SOME STUPID SOD DECIDED TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT BROKEN......

bisexuality is not wrong... we have just been mentally conditioned to accept something that is not working, as the correct way of being... and that is heterosexuality

Azrael
Jul 3, 2006, 1:13 AM
Perhaps it's unconstructive to assume there is a "right" sexuality or one that is better than the rest. Remember, this is the logic of the "normals". Just my :2cents: I mean, I love being bi, (I fucking LOVE it) but I don't think less of my gay or straight friends. This strikes me as a rather dangerous mind-trap to fall into. Is it possible that people being understanding of one another's differences and being civil are more pressing concerns on a day to day level?

Long Duck Dong
Jul 3, 2006, 2:07 AM
lol i agree azrael ..lol

my point was not to place bisexuality as right or correct.... but to place the possibility that bisexuality is the base sexuality form of all sexuality

a simplistic way of saying that having heterosexuality as the * norm * and bi sexuality and homosexuality as deviances, doesn't follow the natural path of life and nature

its all too easy to point to nature as heterosexuality as the center guide.... but nature embraces beings that are asexual, autosexual, bi sexual, poly sexual etc
mankind is the only being on earth that casts heterosexuality as the * right * one....and that is reflected in the marriage act and rights of marriage

to me, a heterosexual, bi sexual, homosexual, asexual, auto sexual, polysexual...are all part of the human race and all equal. in the same way that all people are human regardless of race, creed and belief... and despite all the arguing over who is the better race or what is the better belief, we all come into this world the same way and we will leave the same way... its just that we all can't agree on the fact that we are all equal, human and sexual beings

scubaman
Jul 3, 2006, 7:17 AM
Great post and good food for thought. What is normal? Is normal somethink that we are supposed to do because that is what the Jones' are doing? To me normal is something that is different within each person. This site for example, bisexuality is a norm, because 99% of us are bi. This may not be the norm in another group in people which we interact with. At the end of the day, it is yourself we have to live, not some other group. It is an individual thing and I wish people would accept people for who and what they are! Just my :2cents:

m1steriousjo
Jul 3, 2006, 8:31 AM
what is normal, does normal even exist . we are all individuals and as such have different beliefs and sexuality . its sad when people are perscuted because they dont fit to society's idea of normal .dont normally say this but i have an autistic son who is deemed to behind his peer group and you cant tick the''right'' boxes on development reveiws or tests therefore he is not consider to be devloping ''normally'' why does everything have to be about what society sees as normal.

could rant all day about societys inability to accept that everyone is different therefore there is no such thing as normal

Long Duck Dong
Jul 3, 2006, 8:37 AM
lol thanks scubaman

honestly, I don't think there is a * norm *.... just a set of rules and guidelines each person uses, justify theirselves and define themselves against others

if i was to define * normal *... then it would be to be human...human with feelings, emotions and desires.... and to let the rest of the world put me in the * normal / abnormal * basket...lol about 5 seconds before i ignore what they think of me lmao

scubaman
Jul 3, 2006, 9:40 AM
I agree Long Duck! A "norm" is whatever someone wants it to be. On the lighter side, Norm is also a person who drinks alot of beer at Cheers! Have a great and safe 4th everybody!

Azrael
Jul 3, 2006, 10:34 AM
Ok. Fair enough, although certain points you were arguing struck me as rather intellectually irresponsible. Remember the Greeks :bigrin:

bigulfcpl
Jul 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
If normal exists, it has never stopped at my door! I know I have been bisexual since I was a teen. I denied it for years, through two marriages, but, no more denial. Yes, I am not out to everyone, but, a lot of close friends know about both of us.

It is much more of a stigma for bisexual males than females. Two females together equals HOT for males, except gay males, and females. Two males together equals GROSS, not appealing to most, except those that understand the sexuality.

I have gotten into arguements with people I did not even know, who were gay, and claimed that I was really a gay male, and that bisexuality is non-existant. Of course, that is bullshit! I am a bisexual male, and always have been, and nothing will change who I am.

Just my :2cents:

Ron

jedinudist
Jul 3, 2006, 2:44 PM
My signature sums up my beliefs on this topic completely :)

See below...

smokey
Jul 3, 2006, 10:46 PM
no bisexuality is not the true norm....there are distinct preferences and for the most part they are indeed dominate...bisexuality is an option for some for whatever reason physically or psychological or spiritual.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 4, 2006, 12:07 AM
lol smokey.... are you sure ???

lol its hard to find a open minded and unbiased case by case study with scientific, medical and psychological grouns, that actually deals with sexuality

i base my opinion on the basis of personal observation, interaction and open minded curious..lol.... and honestly, I am not out to prove any sexuality as the base sexuality.... lol ...

i am bisexual.... but able to swing from gay to heterosexual mind sets but always the base sexuality for me is bisexual....and thats how i formed the opinion that its possible that in most cases the base sexuality is bisexual, but self and external conditioning taught mankind that heterosexuality is the main sexuality.. and that bisexuality and homosexual are deviances lol
thats how i formed the idea of the scales.... with bisexuality as the balance point and homosexuality on one side and heterosexuality on the other side

its a bit like this

-----------male / female ( the bisexual aspects )
heterosexual------------homosexual

you take the human.... place bi sexuality as the base sexuality... then from that comes the stronger sexual aspect, ( hetero / homosexual )
that would be easier to swallow in the ways of sexual preference change in later life or the outing of hidden sexual preference in the face of societys opposition to non heterosexual behievour

now it DOESN'T make bisexuality the true norm..... it makes bisexuality a balance point with no dominating factors and from that you can add the dominating factors as in the following groups

hetero ( 100% )________bisexual ( base sexuality )________homo ( 0% )
80 % full contact___________________________________20 % fantastising
60 % full contact __________________________________40 % some playing
50% full contact ___________________________________50 % full contact
40 % some playing__________________________________60 % full contact
20 % fantastising __________________________________80 % full contact
0% no contact ____________________________________100 % full contact

it is based on the kinsey scale.....but using the ideas of bisexual as a base
and scaling thru the differences from being 100 % gay/ straight with only attraction to the main partner groups....thru...80% / 20 % with strong single sexuality attraction but underlaying fantastises...thru 60 % with some experimenting and attraction on a limited basis to both sexes...thru 50/50 % or base bisexuality in a sense

lol in simple terms I am just saying that if 60% of the world fantastised or more about the same sex then that would possibly indicate more of a sign of base bisexuality... than base heterosexuality but heterosexuality is classed as the * norm * ( cos its more acceptable ) and that a pure heterosexual and a pure homosexual ( meaning no attraction or desire outside their gender grouping ) would indicate extreme ends of the sexual scale if drawn in a straight line and that would make bisexuality the middle point UNLESS...
you draw sexuality as a triangle.....proving that heterosexuality, bisexuality and homosexuality are balanced... but you have to add in non sexual... ( celibates, and non sexual mastrubators, etc etc )

any ways, regardless of my opinion, the fact still remains that most of peoples sexuality is dictated by soceity and peer pressure... and we only have to read the forums in bisexual.com to see the stories of people fearful of revealing their sexuality for shame of ridicule and exile..

sexylex
Jul 4, 2006, 12:25 AM
Well, I'm not sure that I agree that bi-sexuality is the "truen norm" I do however believe that there are more bi-sexuals in today's societies than we care to admit. I myself, am 40 yrs old, have been married for close to 14 yrs, have 3 children, and although I have had attractions to women since my late early 20's, I always ignored my feelings and chose to live a lie. Well,no more. I want to live an authentic life and just be who I really am. I am not all the way out yet, but I have told some of my close friends and they have been very supportive. :bipride: :female:

smokey
Jul 4, 2006, 8:53 AM
I know all about the kinsey scale and I tend to think that if bisexuality were more accepted in both the straight and gay communities, there would be less gays because I tend to believe that alot of people "chose" (note quotation marks) gay because they have bought into the straight/gay duality as opposed to following their own desires. That being said, there are definately distinct preferances...I know quite a few people (mostly straight but some gays as well) that they had tried sex with their own (or opposite) gender and just couldn't get into it and so knew that they were not gay or bi. I have definately heard this more that hey yeah that was hot, I wanna do that again and the like. Is that unsicentific? yes but it is based on personal observation.

Azrael
Jul 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
Personally I'm not sure how much stock I put into the Kinsey scale. I mean, it's useful to make a stab at an estimate, but I find it too simple. My own sexuality is generally in what I would call a state of fluid motion. If I were to plot it I would use maybe an XY axis to illustrate the coordination of the two genders and the desire toward both. I think I prefer men more, but again only bi a slight margin. I fantasize about both constantly, so it's almost like a war within my head. A fun war :tongue: I'm just at a point now where I badly miss the solidarity of same sex couplings, but who's to say where I'll be in five years?

Herbwoman39
Jul 4, 2006, 8:08 PM
I've got to agree with LDD. I think lion's share of sexual repression is due to the early Christian church and standards that society has been forced to adhere to. I know that if I would have been raised in a more open-minded environment (I spent my teens and early 20's in Wyoming, North Dakota and Indiana) I may have been able to openly face my bisexuality earlier in my life.

The message I was given in my youth was that "That's okay for other people, but not for you.", which led to what used to be my favorite phrase "I'm so straight I have problems turning corners." Sound like denial to anybody else?

I once was the Queen of Denial. Now, thanks to a very supportive husband and son, I'm starting to come out of the closet. I just wish that I would have had the opportunity and the support to do this sooner in my life. Heck, in 6 months I'll be the 40 Year Old Virginin that I have never fully been with a woman beyond kissing. :( Who knows what could have been in store for my life if I had been able to truly be myself.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 5, 2006, 12:29 AM
lol yeah azrael... I agree again... the kinsey scale doesn't portray the diversity of the sexual spectrum, it leaves out the auto sexual and the celibate person as a valid sexual indentity

I am bisexual as a base, but I swing from heterosexual to homosexual tendencies from time to time but there are times i also sit on celibacy tendencies.... and tho I enjoy sex, there is something about the total self control and inner experience of masturbation that sex just can't touch lol

Avocado
Jul 5, 2006, 6:44 AM
I don't approve of bestiality, I think an animal knows what it's doing less than a 15 year old. I find it funny when gays say you're gay, straight or lying. We could be here if everyone was bi, but would we be here if everyone was gay? For the record I think there are such things as gay and straight, but they shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.