PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving What are you thankful for

BRIARPATCH
Nov 22, 2006, 5:21 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone happy thanksgiving. And I would like to hear what you are thankful for. I am thankful for my best friend ..........my wife of 20 years for always being there and always being there for our children.so lets hear it "What Are You Thankful For ?"

Doggie_Wood
Nov 22, 2006, 5:40 PM
Happy Gobble-Gobble to you as well Briarpatch

What am I thankfull for - first of all I am thankfull to my God for the number of times that he has watched over me and kept from harms way and death (one near fatal motorcycle crash and two seperate jolts of over 500 volts).
And for helping me stay clean and sober since May 9, 1991.
Secondly - to all of my family and friends - that make up my life and enrichen it so.

An attitude of gratitude - something to keep handy.
:doggie:

em100
Nov 22, 2006, 5:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving,

Being just me. Is what I am most thankful for. When I am at piece with myself I find I am a better person.

mistymockingbird
Nov 22, 2006, 8:17 PM
Wow. I could write for days about everything that I have gone through in the past year and not even scratch the surface. This past year (since turkey day last year) has been one of momentous change for me. My marriage imploded. I put 7500 miles on my truck moving from TX to WA to NY back to WA. I reconnected with old friends and found new ones. I found out who my real friends were. I fell in and out of love. And there is of course the never ending job search. Those are the highlights.

What I'm thankful for, is that I made it through in one piece, with my dignity, my dreams, and my soul in tact. That even though my life still seems like sort of a mess on the surface, that I'm in a healthier, happier place. I was able to find the courage to leave an abusive relationship and slowly but surely I'm rebuilding a life that is my own. I'm thankful for the people who are in my life today. Because the people I have now accept me for who I truly am, even if they don't always get me. This year, I learned what I'm truly made of. And so I go into the next year, fully aware of the mistakes I have made in the past, but with a clearer image of who I am and what my place is in this world. And with hope. And for that, I am thankful.

Just_Gem
Nov 23, 2006, 5:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA!

Gratitude has become a way of life for me since August 14, 1987 and has served to help me through some very rough times. To list all the things I am grateful for would take too much time and space, so here's the short version. :rolleyes: :tongue:

For life - for love - for family - for friends. For the ability again to be able to work full time (2 years ago my arthritis had me in a wheelchair) - even though at times I do complain about things that go on at work (and I have to work today too :yikes2: ). For recovery - for peace of mind - for every day I am blessed with waking up and having the opportunity to live another day. I could go on ad infinum but you get the idea (and if not just try adding a "G" to your attitude and make it Grattitude (sic)!

Have a fun and safe holiday! :wiggle2:

Gem :bibounce:

m.in.heels&hose
Nov 23, 2006, 8:08 AM
I am thankful for the wonderful & supportive family i have

this has always been one of my favorite holidays, As a child i thought it was great that i could eat what ever i wanted and no one said a word to me
(i was always thankful of that)

As adults, gina & myself hate the thought of anyone being alone on this holiday, and we keep our door open, for anyone we know of who may not be able to go anywhere for their thanksgiving dinner
In the afternoon and evening, is like an open house at our home, we welcome "company" to stop in for a "left over" supper, and dessert & coffee and just to relax enjoy the company of others (most of whom we dont get to see very often)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

m.in.heels&hose

twodelta
Nov 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Just_Gem][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA!

even though at times I do complain about things that go on at work (and I have to work today too :yikes2: ).

Howdy Just_Gem - I have to work today too, but I think about the good that I'm doing and remember that there are people who wished they had a job to go to, and somehow it doesn't seem like such a bad thing. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Holiday season!! - Dave

Mrs. Taz
Nov 24, 2006, 2:13 AM
happy thanks giving :)

I am thankful for my family and my friends and my love I have for them and am thankful for my husband and the love we share most of all, I am also thankful for our god son and god daughter, and for my true friends online here and for the ones who seems so close to me I call them my family, and also esp the one on here I met a few days ago (or was it yesterday,wed.) that I met her,hoping one day will get to meet in person. :) Hope yall didnt eat to much, and for those of you who drank today hope you stayed safe and didnt drink to much. :)

Seigun
Nov 24, 2006, 3:30 AM
Happy Turkey Day! (As my mom said this morning when she called me. She normally never says that :tong: )

I'm thankful for my twin brother, who knows me pretty well, and expects the best out of me all the time, even when I don't feel like giving it. (He may just be the only male alive who really understands me and what I am/want to be)

I'm thankful for my birth parents, who gave me the parts of who and what I am, now.
I'm thankful for my current parents, who this year have shown me sides of themselves that I've always wanted to see. I also have to say publicly I just realized the other day that me and my brother were born prematurely, and that my current parents were about to give up child-adoption hunting at precisely the same time.

Maybe we were meant to be a family, after all.

I'm thankful that God is forgiving, because I'm really stubborn with him, sometimes. And it's not his fault. I misunderstood a lot of things over the years.

I'm thankful that I have my little handful of friends, who stick by me no matter what ever since middle school. They're the world to me. I can only hope that I'm as important to them, and I hope I won't let them down.

Oh, and to the new friends:

You know I love you! :three:

someotherguy
Nov 24, 2006, 1:21 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone happy thanksgiving. And I would like to hear what you are thankful for. I am thankful for my best friend ..........my wife of 20 years for always being there and always being there for our children.so lets hear it "What Are You Thankful For ?"

I am thankful for having a day when I can reflect on all that I have to be thankful for, including the chance to be thankful. I also like those nesting Russian dolls.