PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!!!

Jane86
Aug 10, 2007, 5:34 PM
Hey everyone!! This is me losing my first thread virginity. Im not out as bi only some of my friends know that im also attracted to girls and there gay. I just feel a lot of people don't accept it and don't believe you could be attracted to both, they think your just lying to yourself. Some of my friends are gay so for every straight club we go to we go to a gay club the next night. I have a laugh each night we go out and i have made out with a lot of girls but done nothing more i have only had sex with guys.

I just hate the feeling that i know what i like but can't help thinking if my friends knew it would change how they saw me. Im keep thinking i should just forget it and not get involved any more with girls but i know that if im in a club and a girl im attracted to comes up to me ill find it hard to resist and i don't want to stop going to gay clubs because i wouldn't expect my gay friends to just go to straight clubs. To me i don't care what people do, if there happy and not hurting anyone then its no ones problem and no one has the right to judge but thats not the case. I don't want to be labeled and judged because of it.

Just want to know if other people found it hard to accept. Some of my friends found it hard to come out as gay so how do you come out when your not really gay but still not totally straight.

onewhocares
Aug 10, 2007, 5:37 PM
Well Jane WELCOME to our little world. I hope that you find all that you seek here. It is a place of support, reassurance and comfort in a world that can be a bit hectic. Knowing that there are other similar to oneself, makes the world tollerable

Belle

arana
Aug 10, 2007, 6:06 PM
Welcome Jane. Hope you enjoy the site and come to chat more.

MarieDelta
Aug 10, 2007, 6:27 PM
Welcome Jane!

I think you will find this a bunch of lively and interesting people. Hope to see you in chat :)

domill
Aug 10, 2007, 7:18 PM
Welcome Jane!

:)

dans94
Aug 10, 2007, 8:08 PM
Hi Jane, welcome aboard! You'll definetly find lots of support here. I know the world loves labels but you don't have to buy into it. Sexual preference is nobody's business but yours.

Azrael
Aug 10, 2007, 8:43 PM
Wilkommen. I look forward to conversing w/u.
I'm Tom.

deeTM
Aug 10, 2007, 9:15 PM
I find it hard to come out. Not sure that I ever will. But your private life is your own. Do with it what you will and if you choose not to let all of your friends know that you're bi... Well, like I said, it's your life.

Good Luck and Welcome!

naughty'BI'chick
Aug 10, 2007, 9:20 PM
Welcome.
Some of us do understand & know wat u r going through.
My bf does not believe I'm bi, but thats another story.
Well, welcome to our site, where we can be ourselves & have so much fun ;) .
Hope u like it here. :)

ForbiddenWindow
Aug 10, 2007, 9:34 PM
*Pounces Jane and gives lotsa hugs*

Welcome! You'll find your self feeling quite at home here. SO relax and enjoy your stay!

CHOCOLATECITY32
Aug 10, 2007, 10:09 PM
welcome jane........u will meet some gr8 ppl here.....i am chocolatecity32

kitten
Aug 11, 2007, 12:59 AM
Welcome and best wishes to another member of our family!

hugs,

Diana_TS
Aug 11, 2007, 1:47 AM
Hi Jane welcome to the friendliest place I know. I am a bi male, and may not be of much help to you, however, there are some of the nicest and friendliest female bi's you will ever meet on this site. Visit the chat room, chat with the regulars there. I am sure you will find the answers you seek from people more then willing to help. Welcome again....... :grouphug:

redheadhoneycat
Aug 11, 2007, 3:04 AM
Hello Jane, Welcome to our site....there are so many nice people here. :) :flag3:

Tx46M
Aug 11, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well Jane WELCOME to our little world. I hope that you find all that you seek here. It is a place of support, reassurance and comfort in a world that can be a bit hectic. Knowing that there are others similar to oneself, makes the world tolerable.

Belle

Couldn't have said it better! Welcome Jane!!

Hi Belle ;)

:male: :2cents:

quiet1fornow
Aug 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
Jane welcome...you may not find all that you seek here but you will find some of the greatest people to provide you with clear input and perspectives that will only help you long term and actually them as well. some of them have already

:cool:

Gemini25
Aug 11, 2007, 1:06 PM
I just feel a lot of people don't accept it and don't believe you could be attracted to both, they think your just lying to yourself.
I just hate the feeling that i know what i like but can't help thinking if my friends knew it would change how they saw me. Im keep thinking i should just forget it and not get involved any more with girls but i know that if im in a club and a girl im attracted to comes up to me ill find it hard to resist and i don't want to stop going to gay clubs because i wouldn't expect my gay friends to just go to straight clubs. To me i don't care what people do, if there happy and not hurting anyone then its no ones problem and no one has the right to judge but thats not the case. I don't want to be labeled and judged because of it.
Just want to know if other people found it hard to accept. Some of my friends found it hard to come out as gay so how do you come out when your not really gay but still not totally straight.

I had to come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what other people think of me, I'm BI and Proud of who I am. If I was going to lose friendships because of it then those people weren't really my friends to begin with. (I know it's a very over used statement, but it's true) For me it was very hard to come out and be comfortable with being BI. I was told for years and years by my brother (who is gay) and my friend (who is gay), my parents, ect. that Bisexuality doesn't exist. You're gay my friend would say, No I'm not I would answer. So your straight? he would say, No I'm not I would answer. And this would happen after we had been drinking of course. So then the subject would get droped. I have other gay/lesbian friends that don't believe there is such a thing as Bisexuality (people who think they are BI are just confused and just can't admit that they are gay) they would say. So it has been a little difficult for me to be out especially when where I live there are no other bi people for me to talk to, hang out with, ect. (or if there is they haven't made themseves known) I do have 1 lesbian friend who is supportive of me, and is open to talk about it from time to time. I was to the point of suicidal thoughts when I happened upon this site, and found there were other people out there that had the same thoughts and feeling I had. It was almost like going to therapy reading the different threads, posts, forums, ect. I feel more comfortable with myself today then I have in a long time.
So in conclusion, sorry this is so long, you should start a dialogue with your friends gay and straight about bisexuality to get their feed back, and to let them know whats on your mind, and how you feel about the subject. I have found that an open disscussion although at times may be uncomfortable, in the end is the best way to go because you may get people thinking about things in a different way.
I have friends as well that had difficulty coming out as being gay. I think for us being BI it's more difficult because we aren't completely gay, and we aren't completely straight, just varying degrees of both. So society can't put us in a nice neat little package and slap a lable on us telling everyone who and what we are, and that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. So be Proud of who you are, what you have and will acomplish in your life, and hold your head up high. Don't let anyone tell you what you are, you are your own person. If you need someone to talk, feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Gemini25
Aug 11, 2007, 1:15 PM
I got so caught up in responding to your post I forgot to say WELCOME to the Site. I know you will find what you need and what you are looking for here. There are a lot of people here with great input on EVERY subject you can imagine. So sit back relax, and enjoy your time here. Hope to see you around. :flag3:

Skater Boy
Aug 11, 2007, 8:05 PM
Hola amiga! Good to see some more British members signing up.

My advice is just to be yourself. Don't feel obliged to tell anyone anything until you are ready, and when you are, only tell those you feel comfortable with.

Hope you enjoy our little community! :)

shameless agitator
Aug 11, 2007, 8:19 PM
Welcome home Jane.
I had to come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what other people think of me, I'm BI and Proud of who I am. If I was going to lose friendships because of it then those people weren't really my friends to begin with. (I know it's a very over used statement, but it's true) I was going to say this, but Gemini beat me to it. For me the hardest part was coming out to myself. I spent a lot of time confused because I bought into the whole false gay/straight dichotomy. Once I finally came to grips with my own orientation it was just a relief to come out to everyone I cared about. I have one friend who refuses to believe me, but it hasn't effected our relationship. Personally I would rather end a friendship than have to lie or hide things about myself. In the words of the great bard... "This above all things, to thine own self be true"
:2cents:

Jane86
Aug 11, 2007, 9:07 PM
Hola amiga! Good to see some more British members signing up.

Thanks :tongue: but gotta make a correction im Irish baby!!! ;)

leelee62
Aug 12, 2007, 6:42 AM
people will love you for who you are so get out there and enjoy yourself :)

raistkit
Aug 12, 2007, 7:06 AM
welcome jane: raist and kit here. we are all new to this at some point and time
so come in sit down and relax, we are sure u will find many people like yourself, you are not alone:

raist and kit

raistkit
Aug 12, 2007, 7:09 AM
p.s. check out the get to know you game you will have fun