PDA

View Full Version : definitely bi

JumpinJackFlash
Oct 6, 2007, 1:32 PM
I was raised a Roman Catholic, ergo there was never to be any doubt about my sexual otientatiom. It was expected, and I did what was expected, that I would marry, and procreate. While I found peace in marriage, and tremendous delight in raising my children, I realized that there was something missing in my life. I had had three encounters with men up to 6 years ago, and the associated guilt that ensued tore me apart. It wasn`t until I was divorced that I realized that the guilt was caused by the stereotype, married men are NOT allowed to be with other men. It was so deeply ingrained by my religious, right-wing upbringing that I actually felt dirty after each encounter, and never saw any of those men in THAT way again. Shortly after my divorce, I felt that I was indeed ready to be involved again. I wasn`t sure though if I wanted a relationship or just sex. Sex was readily available, there was no shortage of willing women to be my partner. But one day I had a revelation. It`s like in the cartoons, where the little light-bulb appears above a characters head. I realized that what was really missing in my life was. As much as I enjoyed alone time with a woman, I was craving a man`s touch. I haven`t had many chances these last 6 years, but let me say this...when I do...I enjoy it tremendously. I`ve come out to my children. At first they didn`t approve, but they realized it had made me happy, and more secure with my sexuality. I wouldn`t change anything about me, even if I could. I enjoy being bisexual, and it has made me a better, more honest person. Nothing makes me feel worse than trying to keep a secret about myself, and I swear never to do so again. I hope that in the near future I can find a man, close by, that I can have a regular relationship with. I`m not looking for romance, had enough of that I think. Just good old fashioned I`ll do you if you do me fun. I like being bisexual, and I am definitely bi, through and through.
Thank you for listening. Sheesh, amazing what a little talk about what you really feel can do for the head-space. No pun intended.

ghytifrdnr
Oct 6, 2007, 8:54 PM
Glad you got that worked out. It sounds like you've got things pretty much under control. I'd say carry on and enjoy!

:cool: