PDA

View Full Version : Something sad and funny at the same time

Toad82
Nov 25, 2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20081125/NEWS/811250348&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

I want to know how they get away with being a "church" when it comes to taxes. I wish I would have known they were so close to me. I would have went to protest for Stu.

FalconAngel
Nov 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
That's an easy one to answer. They are Christians......not good ones, but Christians, none the less.

They established a church and demonstrated that they are preaching a religion. Of course, their version of that religion is hate, just like the KKK, but they are part of a religion.

It probably is possible that any Pagan or Wiccan HP/HPS that can show connection to an established Pagan "church", temple, grove, or an upline within a recognized tradition could probably get that tax exempt status for themselves as long as long as they hold their circle in their home on a regular basis.

But seriously, the WBC is bad. Almost, but not quite, to the point of becoming a terrorist organization. My guess is that it won't be long before they either collapse in on themselves or start playing the role of the old KKK. When they start commiting acts of terror, then they can get their 501c3 status revoked and get shut down by the Fed.

Of course, they only have 60 members and almost all of them are family members (brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.). As each generation gets older, their tactics will become more extreme and they will, one by one or in small groups, start going to jail for violations of the law. And I don't see them getting any bigger any time soon, unless they start an inbreeding program. But then, they are a bunch of breeders, anyway.

I would love to see the guys there sharing a jail cell with Bubba, the 6'2, 380lb black horney inmate.:eek:

At that point, I would tell them "Gee. I guess revenge DOES belong to God".:bigrin:

Sometimes I can be so evil.:tong:

12voltman59
Nov 25, 2008, 1:05 PM
Wow--it sounds like the town of Sliverton, Oregon is one great place to live because it has some great people living there--sounds like a place many of us would like to live and be proud to call home---

I have to say---the way the people of that community came out and responded to the Phelps crowd is the best way---in that it reflects the true "Christian way and spirit of Christ"---something the Phelps crowd may think they have--but are sorely and profoundly lacking.

Actually--it is heartening--that after being in existence for nearly 20 years---the Phelps group by its own admission only has 60 people who actively are affilliated with them who go out and spread their very much un-Christian message of hatred and intolerance----

To me--the biggest fault of the Phelps crowd----they claim that they and they alone know the mind of God---how much of a sin is that??--the ultimate sense of "pride" and such that they truly speak for God---I don't know too many Biblical phrases---but one I do know that I thnk they need to take heed of: "pride goeth before a fall!" as I believe the verse goes.

The way the good people of Silverton came out to counter the efforts of the Phelps people----that should serve as the model of how to deal with them--reflect back in a positive fun way---their extremist negativity so that it shows in stark contrast----their true nature.

Bluebiyou
Nov 25, 2008, 8:04 PM
Awww,
and I missed the chance to move to Wichita, KS.
Wearing leather, and waving a 4x6 NAZI flag off my motorcycle, I could have circled the Phelps' church on a regular basis, saluting brother Fred.
Ah, the missed opportunities of life. If the opportunity opens again, I have resolved myself not to hesitate.