PDA

View Full Version : Civillian PD officer "hero" in Fort Hood Shootings

12voltman59
Nov 6, 2009, 6:15 PM
I hope this officer picks up all kinds of awards for her quick action and "bravery under fire!"

http://news.aol.com/article/quick-acting-police-officer-kimberly/756201?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fquick-acting-police-officer-kimberly%2F756201

Sorry for the long URL again---someone on here had provided me with a link to site that makes short addresses--but with my computer meltdown the other day--I lost that---sorrry

Realist
Nov 6, 2009, 8:15 PM
Under the most harrowing of circumstances, sometimes, the person you may least suspect, can do the most heroic things. I'm sure he was trained for this, but probably never thought it would involve him. Thanks to this officer and, all those who put their lives on the line, during chaotic times! No telling how many others would have died, if he had not been there.

goldenfinger
Nov 6, 2009, 8:48 PM
Authorities have identified the alleged gunman as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, an Army psychiatrist.

You'r really not safe from anyone anywhere.

ironwood
Nov 7, 2009, 9:48 AM
It was a female officer who first reacted to the scene and yes she was very brave and heroic in the line of duty.She should be well congratulated for she saved many lives.My heart goes out to all those who where injured or killed serving there country .We are truely blessed to have men and women like this that serve are country and us to give us this type of freedom.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 7, 2009, 3:15 PM
Windage and elevation, Girlfriend. Nuff said.
Cat

Long Duck Dong
Nov 7, 2009, 8:29 PM
they can give her a medal for her actions but I bet there are a good 10k people that wanna give her a hug.....

I quess we may never truly understand what went thru the gunmans head at the time, but I am thankful for the thoughts going thru the woman officers head when it happened..... she is a angel to many that day and to this..... I pray that she doesn't suffer the * after shocks * of shooting a person as she acted in the interests of many in the line of fire....

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 8, 2009, 1:43 PM
In dealing with the Military for as long as I did, my first responce was going to sound a tad hard, so I didnt say what was really on my first impression. For my hard hearted view point was "You pulled a little too high with that last shot, Girlfriend"
But, Hasan will have to answer to his own Maker for that.

Kimberly should be lauded in the highest form. She put herself in harms way to protect the remaining folks in that facility and I for one, applaude her wholeheartedly.
Just my humble:2cents:
Cat

12voltman59
Nov 8, 2009, 6:22 PM
It is disturbing that in this case, the perpetrator of this horrible crime was "one of our own"--a solider, an officer and one in the medical field whose main purpose in the service was to try to help returning soldiers deal with adjusting back to "the real world" after having been in one of the war zones of Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

I hope that his motivation for his attacks on his fellow soldiers is that he was simply mentally unbalanced---and it was not out of some ideological reason or the purely selfish one that he didn't want to be deployed to one of the war zones.

In one way---its is too bad that Officer Kim Munley did not "take out" this wayward major when she was forced to open fire on him--but in another way--it is good it appears that he will survive his wounds and at some point will face the justice he deserves for his horrorific crimes.

It is perhaps more than he deserves since he was judge, juror and executioner for a score of innocent people. He is going to get his day in Court, even though he most likely will face a military court and not a civillian one with its slightly different rules and rights than the civilian version.

May God have mercy on his troubled soul, I don't think that I do.

To quote a line from a reframe from a Lyle Lovett song: "God forgets but I don't----God forgives but I don't--- and that's the difference between God and me!"

graniteman1953
Nov 8, 2009, 8:12 PM
Mega Dittos, Bro.!

I hope this officer picks up all kinds of awards for her quick action and "bravery under fire!"

http://news.aol.com/article/quick-acting-police-officer-kimberly/756201?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fquick-acting-police-officer-kimberly%2F756201

Sorry for the long URL again---someone on here had provided me with a link to site that makes short addresses--but with my computer meltdown the other day--I lost that---sorrry