Register

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Bisexual Dilemma (another excerpt from my book)

This scene is a little different from the others I've posted. It's not a sex scene, but just following some of the main characters thoughts. For some background: she was married, but when she turned into a vampire, she forgot her old life. After taking on a companion and a female lover, she regained her memory of her old life. She has just made love to her companion.

---------

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]He slept like a rock even though I tossed and turned. I got a bit of sleep in between dreams of Candy and my husband. In this comfortable moment alone, my brain finally had the chance to process all the events of the night.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]I loved my husband. I remembered that now. Even in my companion's arms, I couldn't help but compare his embrace to my husband’s and find it inferior. My companion's love for me was intense, but that intensity wasn't mutual. Sure, there was love for him in there, but not that same kind of everlasting love as I had for my husband.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]And then there was Candy. I didn’t love Candy, at least not yet. We didn’t really know each other yet. But I felt protective of her, and I did want to get to know her better. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, and I knew she would have much rather been the one in my arms that day. But would I rather have had her?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]That was a question that I couldn’t answer. Being with Candy was different, sweeter in some ways, with a slow burn. I had a desire to be with her again, longer, not only in hours, but in days. I maybe even would like to have a relationship with her.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]In my old life, there was my husband and only my husband, and I never would have considered it. If I went back to him, there was a lot he would have to accept. I shamed myself by even saying “If.” If I loved him so much, it shouldn’t even be an issue. No, the problem wasn’t how much I loved him. I questioned how much he loved me. He needed to accept my new living requirements, or I couldn’t survive. I needed him to accept my new desires, or we would never survive. None of that took into account the ambrosia that was his blood.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]While in bed that day with my companion, I’d curl up next to him, take him in my arms, and enjoy the feel of another person beside me, even if he wasn’t warm. After a bit of sleep, thoughts of Candy would wake me up, and I’d roll over, squeeze my eyes shut tight, and will the sandman to take me. Somehow, I’d end up back in a troubled sleep, with dreams of being pulled in three directions. I’d wake with a start thinking of my husband, roll over on my back, and stare at the ceiling. Countless sheep later, I’d eventually be back in dreamland and comfortable, until I realized I was snuggled up next to my companion again. The cycle would start all over.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]The sun had to be almost setting by time I gave up.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Tags: fiction, romance
    Categories
    Uncategorized