Register

Thread: WOO-HOO!

Azrael

WOO-HOO!

I got the Job!!!!!

Re: WOO-HOO!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We knew you could do it!!!!!

Congratulations! Hope you reward yourself with a proper celebration...

Oh hell yeah! Congratulations!

Congratulations Azrael, WTG!!! I hope you really enjoy yourself and they treat you well.
    http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7a7ac275b3.gif
    Hugs,
    Arana

Life is a strange thing...
    Just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.....

congrats!

Wink Re: WOO-HOO!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so very pleased for you darling Azrael you are such a wonderful guy you deserve all the best in life. I do hope you are very happy in your new job, make sure you let us know how your 1st day goes.

Much love hugs and smooches
    Smurfie
    "It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance. It is the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance. It is the one who won't be taken who cannot seem to give. And the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live." Bette Midler

Right on Azy! Way to go my brother.

BreeIsMe

Congratulations!

I'm bouncing with joy for you!!!
    Make sure you go out and celebrate..you only get a job once afterall!!

Bree

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all knew you would get it!

Got the job cause you're a stud. Congrats!!!
    M

The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men. ~ George Elliot

o,kkkkkkkkkkkay!

Azrael

You guys rule. Much love Only lousy thing is I gotta cut my hair, but this is so worth it. This is the company thats gutting Macdill AFB in Tampa. Mad crazy opportunity. They spoil their employees rotten. This guy from the class before works for them and he's having a blast. The only other person in class with a job is the homophobic asshole. He'll be an installation monkey with a shady ass residential A/C company( can't even properly use his volt-meter or solder a pipe) while I'll be doing service on Commercial A/Cs and Chillers. and picking right back where I left off in the Apprenticeship. Plus I'll be a year ahead of him. Justice is sweet, yes it is. Two more years and I've got a Journeyman card. I have officially broken through and it feels fucking wonderful!
    Last edited by Azrael; May 15, 2007 at 10:56 PM.

K, still happy for you, but sad for your hair. Love your hair as it is now.
    M

The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men. ~ George Elliot

Good for you Az---so what are they doing to McDill??

I joined my first Coast Guard cutter in a ship yard in Tampa back in the summer of 1983 and often went to the base exchange at McDill---

The Southern Command Center was right across the street from the exchange as I recall and there was a Coast Guard station on the grounds too-

Did McDill get "BRACed?"
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Azrael

I think they're updating electrical and plumbing. "BRACed"? What is that?

Congrats!!!

Way to go!!!!!!!! All the best in your new job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael
    I think they're updating electrical and plumbing. "BRACed"? What is that?
    BRAC? That means they're due to be cut back or shut down totally.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade
    BRAC? That means they're due to be cut back or shut down totally.

*Taylor*
    Well AZ talked about cutting things up or something--it sounded to me like stuff was getting dismantled-I was just wondering if McDill-like a lot of US military bases had suffered some sort of cuts in that last round of BRAC cuts.

BRAC---Base Realignment and Closure Commission: I forget the exact timeline--but BRAC was established by Congress a few years back to assess and come up with recommendations on how to best "realocate military resources and assets to best meet future strategic and tactical needs" or some such thing--bascially-they were tasked with what bases would close and to where the different functions would be placed or cut.

It was of concern where I live because we have Wright-Patterson Air Force Base here in the Dayton area--Wright-Patt is one of the Air Force's main facilities where many aircraft programs are designed and implemented---we feared we might lose much or most of the commands at WPAFB--but we picked up some good new programs. They had also considered moving the Air Force Institute of Technology elsewhere--that is the Air Force's advanced graduate technical program.

Many communities did lose out and their bases are going to close---

I just had wondered if McDill had taken a hit--I used to spend a lot of time on that base at one point when one of the Coast Guard ships I was assigned to spent most of one summer in dry dock for major repairs, renovations and upgrades at a Tampa Bay shipyard.
    Last edited by 12voltman59; May 17, 2007 at 6:08 AM.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.